Yule Ritual


Supplies
Red, white and/or green altar cloth(s)
Quarter candles
One white candle for the God
One black candle for the Goddess
One red votive candle (place inside the cauldron)
Normally used ritual tools including a Cauldron
Offering Bowl or Plate
Fresh pine branch(s)/ pine cones on the altar
Cakes and Ale
Yule incense
Cleanse the area in preparation of the ritual as you normally would. You can mark the circle with pine rope,
pine cones or other things that remind you of Yule. A nice touch is to mark the circle with a pine rope and
place white candles around the circle while leaving the quarter candles as you normally would. It is
recommended that you perform this ritual at sunrise.
Casting the Circle
Light incense. Pick up your athame and kiss the blade. Starting in the East or North you point the athame to
the ground while you visualize a blue light coming from the blade to the ground. Begin to draw the circle
moving deosil (clockwise). Complete this circle three times. Each time use the corresponding line and say:
First time:
“I cast this circle in order to create a sacred space.”
Second time
“I cast this circle to contain the power. “
Third time
“I cast this circle as a barrier from all negative energy and spirits.” So mote it be!”
Calling the Quarters
Call the quarters starting in the east:
"Hail to the Guardians of the Watchtowers of the East, element of air. I do summon, stir and call you forth
that you may guard and witness me in my rites this night, the longest night of the year and the night that
the God returns.” (Draw the invoking pentagram in the air with your athame then light the quarter candle)
“Hail and welcome!”
"Hail to the Guardians of the Watchtowers of the South, element of fire. I do summon, stir and call you forth
that you may guard and witness me in my rites this night, the longest night of the year and the night that
the God returns.” (Draw the invoking pentagram in the air with your athame then light the quarter candle)
“Hail and welcome!”
"Hail to the Guardians of the Watchtowers of the West, element of water. I do summon, stir and call you
forth that you may guard and witness me in my rites this night, the longest night of the year and the night
that the God returns.” (Draw the invoking pentagram in the air with your athame then light the quarter
candle) “Hail and welcome!”
"Hail to the Guardians of the Watchtowers of the North, element of air and Guardian of the doorway
between worlds. I do summon, stir and call you forth that you may guard and witness me in my rites this
night, the longest night of the year and the night that the God returns.” (Draw the invoking pentagram in
the air with your athame then light the quarter candle) “Hail and welcome!”
Inviting the Lord and Lady.
Calling the Goddess:
"Great Mother of all; you who are the source of all life and whose love is poured upon the Earth. Mother of
the God whom is reborn this night, I invite you to join me within my circle as I too rejoice in the God’s birth.
Hail and Welcome."
Light the Goddess candle.
Light the candle in the cauldron and say:
“Where there was once darkness there now is light. Born from the Great Mother is the God of Light. The
earth once again shall bask within his ever growing and warming light and we welcome his return.”
Calling the God:
"Great Father of all, tonight you are reborn. We welcome your return and rejoice with the Great Mother as
your light shine upon us! I invite you to join me in my circle as the Goddess and I celebrate your return!
Hail and Welcome!”
Light the God candle.
Perform the Great Rite
Hold the chalice with ale in your left hand and hold the athame in your right hand. Visualize the image of the
moon reflecting on the chalice. Hold the athame above your head and visualize energy being drawn from the
rising sun. When ready say:
“As this athame is to the Blade this cup is to the chalice. I draw in the power of the God and Goddess and I
feel their love.
Then take the athame and dip/plunge it three times into the chalice. Remove the athame and place on the
altar. Hold the chalice in both hands and say:
“I drink in the power of the God and Goddess. May I feel their love. Blessed be!”
Take a drink of the ale and feel the energy and love of the gods fill you. Place the chalice back on the altar.
Blessing the cakes
Hold plate of food and say:
Oh Great Mother, Great Father, bless this food that it may nourish my body and bestow health, wealth,
strength, joy and peace in this coming year. Blessed be!
Take a piece of the cake and dip it into the ale. Place it into the offering bowl or plate and say:
“I offer this food and drink to the Lord and Lady. Please accept it as a token of my respect and love.”
Take a piece of the cake and eat it and say:
“May I never hunger.”
Then take a sip of the ale and say:
“May I never thirst!”
“So mote it be!”
Circle Work
Read the Charge of the God and the Charge of the Goddess.
Meditate on those things you wish to accomplish in this coming year. Then ask for a blessing from the Lord
and Lady for those projects. Choose your own wording and speak from the heart.
Some do not like to perform magic during Sabbats. If you do wish to perform magic the best type would be
those spells that are long term and will grow in time.
Farewell to the Goddess
Face altar and say:
“Great Mother, I thank you for being here with me tonight as I celebrated the return of the God. Stay if you
wish, go if you must. Hail and farewell!”
Extinguish the flame
Farewell to the God
Face altar and say:
“Great Father and Lord of Light, I thank you for being here with me tonight as I celebrated your return. Stay
if you wish, go if you must. Hail and farewell!”
Extinguish the flame
Dismissing the Guardians
Face the north. Using your athame draw the banishing pentagram while saying:
“Guardian of the Watchtower of the North, element of earth and Guardians of the gateway between worlds.
I thank you for your presence here this evening. Go in power. Hail and farewell.” Extinguish the flame on
the quarter candle.
Face the west. Using your athame draw the banishing pentagram while saying:
“Guardian of the Watchtower of the west, element of water. I thank you for your presence here this
evening. Go in power. Hail and farewell.” Extinguish the flame on the quarter candle.
Face the south. Using your athame draw the banishing pentagram while saying:
“Guardian of the Watchtower of the south, element of fire. I thank you for your presence here this evening.
Go in power. Hail and farewell.” Extinguish the flame on the quarter candle.
Face the east. Using your athame draw the banishing pentagram while saying:
“Guardian of the Watchtower of the East, element of air. I thank you for your presence here this evening.
Go in power. Hail and farewell.” Extinguish the flame on the quarter candle.
Visualize the circle you had drawn slowly melting away into the earth. Once it is gone the circle is open and
the ritual is done. Before leaving the area make sure you ground and center. Take the remaining cakes and
ale and offer them to the God and Goddess. Pour the ale onto the ground and leave the cake on the ground
and say a prayer of offering to the Lord and Lady.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Mystery of Rh-Negative Blood Genetic Origin Unknown

Awareness of EBE Contact

American Airlines Flight 77 Evidence